Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thankful Thursday

So, it has been a wild and crazy week! We left Georgia on Sunday morning around 5:00am and drove all day and ended up in Dallas, Texas that night. We are staying in a Marriott Residence Inn so we have enough room to kind of be comfortable. The kids and I are doing school in the mornings and roaming around Dallas in the afternoons until my husband gets off work. He had some busy days this week so the kids and I drove up to Oklahoma to visit my family and also somewhere during this whole visit, I managed to have supper one night with Mrs. Troop and also spend a day hanging out at her house. We had the BEST time! She is one amazing person and I will post pictures once I get back home to my own computer and can upload everything. I'm sure you will be waiting by your computer on pins and needles until I get those posted. Ha!

Okay, so here is my Thankful Thursday List.

1) I am thankful for my parents who are letting us hang out at their house for a couple days.
2) I am thankful for Mrs. Troop. She really is a supermom and she is my hero.
3) I am thankful I'm not a truck driver. Seriously. I don't think I could handle driving for a living.
4) I am thankful that the spider who crawled across my window while I was driving and then fell down on my steering wheel, and then evaded me trying to squash him and inadvertently honking my horn several times, and then escaped by jumping on my lap and then hiding beneath my seat somewhere, was only a small non-poisonous spider.
5) I am thankful for little, portable DVD players. I don't use them in the car until I have to but at that point, my gratitude is boundless.

Well, that is all I have for now.

Have a Thankful Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. AHHH!
    We just had so much fun, didn't we? I miss you, already.
    Safe travels, Friend. See you this weekend, maybe. Wouldn't that be hysterical? :-) I'm sure the Coach and your man are SO anxious to have a good chat. HA!
    Love ya~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know you got there safely!! You've only been gone 5 days, how could you have done so much stuff? Do you like Dallas? Your house is fine, I've been watching it like a hawk! I've not seen one burglar or trespasser. And not one bit of chalk drawings. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a fun trip! We are getting to go out of town with only the baby next week! Just a couple of days, but necessary refreshment for this old mom! Those Clinique eyeliners are at Dillards or Macy's or any major Dept. Store. These are one of the only things I buy at the makeup counter...They last a long, long time! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!