Friday, April 25, 2008

Fabulous Friday Favorites

Another Friday is here and I am participating in Mrs. Troop's Fabulous Friday Favorites.

It's really a lot of fun to see other things people use that have worked really well for them.

So I am once again covering some of our favorite books. We are both avid readers and have read these books several times (and I'm sure we will read them several times more as we are raising our sons)



These are our favorite books about raising boys. If my husband just had to recommend just 2 books, these would be them. And even if we just had girls, these would be important to read. Because some day those girls are going to marry boys and these books have good things to be looking for and praying for in a future mate for your girl.





The first one is King Me by Steve Farrar. Is uses stories of "bad kings" and "good kings" in Old Testament times to illustrated how a man can raise his son to become a godly man of integrity and spiritual conviction. It is recommended for all men who desire to shape the character of the future generation of men.






The second on is Raising a Modern Day Knight by Robert Lewis. It is a very practical book for dads on what it means to be a man and how you instill that reality in your son. It provides clearly defined objectives, goals and ceremonies to do with your son and teaches them "to acquire a boldly masculine vision, an uncompromising code of conduct and a noble cause in which to invest their lives". We really liked this books. It was very encouraging and inspiring.



Well, that is all I have for now. Head on over to Mrs. Troop's blog and find some more Fabulous Friday Favorites!


And have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Great books!
    Thanks for playing~
    Love ya, Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those both look good, I think I'll try to get them. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I love yours and my husband is reading Raising a Modern Day Knight right now. I also love love love Tender Mercy for a Mother's Soul. I'm reading it right now and it is very encouraging. You're an incredible photographer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!