Monday, November 26, 2007

Ode to Petit St. Vincent




Tomorrow.



I'm sure the kids can fend for themselves.
I'm sure they can.


They know where the cereal is.
They know how to get water to drink.
They know how to work the dvd player.
They know what time bedtime is.


I'm leaving the country.

At this island...
there are no children....
there are no pagers...........
there are no phones.......
there is no tv........
there are no peanut butter sandwiches............
did I mention no kids........




You can do hiking, swimming, reading, relaxing, napping.....
A soothing massage or facial can be arranged in your cottage or on your patio on request.......Room service, lunch on the beach, whatever you want........


I could rest and relax here just fine.....
I'm sure I could.....

I would at least like to give it a try....


Okay, so maybe not this week.


But a girl can always dream...............

3 comments:

  1. That has to be the most beautiful place in the world.
    AAHHHHHHH.
    Dreaming is nice, isn't it?
    In the meantime, better go change a diaper and start the laundry.
    HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready.
    Really.
    You should see the kitchen.
    And the living room.
    And all of the unmade beds.
    And the bags under my eyes.
    Let's go.
    Leave it all behind.
    Only, it would probably be worse when we came back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so today I am wishing for the Blues Clues power to "skadoo". Because if I had said powers.... I would "skadoo" right into that last picture......... oh yes I would.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!