Monday, November 12, 2007

To See If She Could

So, I am fixing lunch. My 3 year old daughter who is somewhere on the other side of the kitchen says, "Mom, look at me!".

My spidey senses kick in as I turn around in slow motion.

She has a glass jar full olives and olive juice......

balancing.........

....on her head!

My 3 YEAR OLD!

After I recovered from passing out on the floor I immediately used every ounce of self control not to yell "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!! PUT THAT DOWN IMMEDIATELY!" because in a moment of clarity and surprising sanity I realized I might scare her and she might actually drop the thing. So instead, I said "wow" in my happy voice and with lightening quick speed I closed the distance between the two of us and snatched the jar from her head. And THEN once all was safe and danger was averted I let her know that she is never again in this life time and under no circumstances ever again allowed to try that stunt again.

Amen.

7 comments:

  1. O My Heavens! (to quote a dear friend of mine)
    Glad you saved the olives! And your daughter!
    And now, I shall be late to school because I couldn't stop reading. . .must go. . .can't leave any more comments. . .

    Until I get back! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the Thanksgiving banner - I want one! How did you get that?
    And YES I really did feed my kids popcorn and apples (Troop was at a meeting) and they ate - are you ready for this? - 9 apples and 6 bags of microwave popcorn! And peanut butter.
    Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the "I Like Mike" thing- how DID you do that? I'm a big Ron Paul fan, but I couldn't figure out any way to do that. Would you please share from your vast wisdom and illuminate me?
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to know what YOU are reading! I'm flying through the books on the treadmill this week.
    Troop just finished "Disciplines of a Godly Man" - I can get the author for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry I missed your call! I was going to try to call you back but Brooke called and they are coming to dinner. Fun!
    Is Ben home this week? I sure hope so!
    Maybe we can talk tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY over there!
    Did you read PW's new post?
    AAAAHHHHHH.
    Just now got to it (B & S came for dinner, again)!
    Did you comment?
    I'm going to start doing that more. Of course, she can't possibly need it, like we do, since she's dealing with the 1000's. Can you imagine?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you sick of me, yet? I've been working on my page layout, but I'm not happy with it! Enough time on that today, though!
    Good to TALK today. I've missed it. Although this is fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!