Monday, November 26, 2007

Venit, Vidit, Absentis

They Came, They Saw, They Left


They Came
at 11:00 am Sunday morning to see the house.
They called at 10:00am Sunday morning to say they were coming.
Who comes to see a house on Sunday morning?!?
Don't they know it's all some people can do to get
their kids fed and dressed, their hair done, their coats on
and out the door on Sunday mornings?
Why, oh why would they call Sunday morning
an hour before they come by?
They Saw
the house in disarray.
Oh yes they did.
We did not know they were coming.
The kids beds were unmade.
The doors to the rooms in the basement were locked.
The house was clean (swept, vacuumed) but not
entirely picked up.
Not "Southern Living could come take pictures
of my house clean".
I'm sure the tinker toy parts in the
front entry way tipped them off
to the fact that they were not expected.
I'm sure they were impressed.
They Left
We did not hear back from them.
Their loss.
Our house cleans up real well.
I promise!

4 comments:

  1. You crack me up!
    And is it just me, or did you change your header, again? Love it!
    The latin - too funny - the descriptions of your house - too funny.
    But you didn't mention the wet pull-up, did you?
    HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is "Southern Living could come take pictures of my house" clean.
    My Grandmother Vera used to say, "Dying Condition" - the way you would want people to see it if you were gone for good. HA!
    That always makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I'm laughing! "Dying Condition" actually might be a better description! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, there WAS a wet pull-up in Ella's room. Right in the middle of the floor. Ugh! I thought about putting that info in the post but then decided it might be too graphic for the average viewer! ha ha ha...... But you ARE my average viewer..(I think currently my only viewer) ... and you are CERTAINLY familiar with the sight of wet pull ups..........

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!