Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Wow.... these Thursdays seem to come around awfully quick!Actually the days seem very long, it's the weeks that seem short. Does it feel that way to anyone else?
1. I am thankful we are going home for Christmas.
There is just something about celebrating Christmas with your dad & mom and siblings. I am NOT looking forward to getting there.... but this post does not cover the scope of things I am not looking forward to. That would be more like that topic for an entire weeks' discussion.

2. I am thankful for the friends I am going to see whilst I am home for the holidays.Oh yes, among seeing the family I will also be seeing friends. Woohoo!
3. I am thankful for the enthusiasm of children.
It is so refreshing and fun to witness the enthusiasm that my kids have for Christmas and everything that surrounds it. When we put up the tree it was "Mom, you are the best mom in the whole wide world". Last year when I put up the tree and turned on the lights, my oldest started praying right then and there thanking God for Christmas and the tree. My middle started singing "Happy Birthday to Jesus". They get so excited about the littlest things and I am so thankful for that!

4. I am thankful for water.
It's one of those things you take for granted, until the lake that supplies your water only has 132 days left of the wet stuff. There is a big emphasis on water rationing here in Georgia and we have been banned from outdoor water usage of any kind since summer. It's going to get to the point where I'm going to have to restrict my kids to one outfit and one pair of pajamas per week. (to save on laundry water) Actually, that might not be such a bad idea anyways................ We had some friend on Sunday who said they were going to Wal Mart to buy bottled water to go pour in Lake Lanier. We would probably join in except the water will just be sent down stream to keep endangered mussels and sturgeon alive.


5. I am thankful for ribbon.
I know... it's a little shallow... but hey, just keepin it real! I LOVE ribbon! All colors all sizes.... and for wrapping gifts I love wide satin ribbon or sheer ribbon or ribbon with wire in it. It's so fun to get a package with a nice big ribbon on it.
What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for you!
    And my bed - doesn't seem like I spend enough time there.
    And birthdays (visit Mrs. Troop to hear about them).
    And sunshine.
    and treadmills (ugh).
    and anniversarys.
    and Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!