Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I have many things to be thankful for.
It always helps me put things into perspective.

There have been many times lately when I just get worn out or frustrated with things or situations and I really just have to look at the flip side of whatever is getting me down and find what I am thankful for.

So Thankful Thursdays really gives me a day to sit down
and have an attitude check and get my perspective back where it needs to be.
1. I am thankful we have a vehicle for transportation.
My 6 year old and I had a 2 hour conversation on cars
and who has a car (me) and who does not
(him and people in India)(according to him)
(I have no idea where he came up with that one)
so we then had a whole conversation about
how we really need to be thankful because not everybody in
America has a car. And then I started thinking that I would not
EVER go ANYWHERE with my 3 if we had to walk there or
ride our bikes there. ANYWHERE...... EVER.......
So I am very thankful for our car!


2. I am thankful we have potential buyers looking at our house.
I'm glad but it is a lot of work. So I am focusing on the glad part.
Keeping a house "show ready" (and by show ready I mean
clean enough that Southern Living could show up
and take pictures for their magazine) (not that that my
house would even qualify, I'm just saying I would like it
to be that clean!:) ) with 3 kids 6 and under
gets to be just a wee bit stressful. Just a wee bit!
But I am glad we are showing it. We had a showing today
and one scheduled for tomorrow. It really throws ME off schedule
but, once again, this is the thankful game, not the Lori whining game! :)
Ha! Ha! Ho! Ho! He! He! Ha! Ha!


3. I am thankful for bloggers.
Seriously. I didn't even know what blogging WAS until just this last
May when my neighbor across the street told me she blogged.
There are some very funny, witty and down right hilarious
women out there blogging their little hearts out! When you are
a stay at home mom, with little kids running around all day,
it is just nice to know there are others out there fighting the
good fight and striving to raise their families and be good
wives and just being amusing in general.

4. I am thankful for music.
(I'm not talking about VeggieTales here)
Music just soothes my soul! Whether it is hymns, the
Sleeping Beauty Waltz, Christian praises
Christian pop or a little bit of Harry Connick, Jr. music just makes
me happy. I love having a song in my heart!

5. I am thankful for our fishing pond.
That's right. We have a fishing pond. Right down the street.
We can walk there in about 5 minutes.
It has TONS of fish and all you need is a pole, a hook
and some bread and you can pull a fish out every time!
My kids think it is great! I think it is free I mean great!








Have a Thankful Thursday Y'all!

4 comments:

  1. You are awesome!
    Loved the list.
    Perspective is so huge. Glad you are staying on the thankful side (as opposed to the dark side - ha!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad you finally took my advice! I've read your entire blog and just like I knew it would be, it's great!!! Good Job!

    You mean you actually catch fish in that pond. It never occured to me to fish there. But, I have 2 girls and they don't have a strong need to "fish", but we may have to check it out.

    Hey, why is my blog not on your blog list???? I know you read it!
    Just curious :o)

    Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh BTW, my blog is not correct on your list. It goes to my old blogger account. But, I have to sign in with my blogger account to read your site. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!