Friday, May 2, 2008

Fabulous Friday Favorites

Another Friday! Another Favorite!

First of all, though, I would like to thank the creator of this little title tag made for Mrs. Troop's blog. It is beautiful and brilliant! Thanks for letting us use it!

Now on to the good stuff. My Friday Favorite this week is the Smart Globe by Oregon Scientific.

My parents had one and every time we visited them our kids had such a great time playing with it.


It comes with a SmartPen that you touch to the globe. You can use several different modes. In one mode you can explore the world and learn about countries, capitals, history, music and more. You can also put it in game mode and let it know how many people are playing and then compete against each other to see how many countries, capitals or states of the US you can name in a certain time.


The best part is that my kids don't see this as education but they think it is a game! And I have learned a lot also! It is a little pricey but if you look around and compare prices you can get a better deal. I think I got mine at Christmas time from Target when they went on sale for 2weeks.

We love it and are consider it to be a good investment.

Head on over to Mrs. Troop's Fabulous Friday Favorites and see more great ideas, and I am off to the Homeschool Convention! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I came and read earlier and was INTERRUPTED before I could comment. Imagine that! I think that globe looks COOL and it's going straight on the grandmother Christmas/birthday list. Right now. Because it's COOL. And my kids would LOVE IT!
    Thanks for playing! And commenting! And making me HAPPY! :-)
    Love ya~
    And yeah, the graphic IS awesome, isn't it? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey just wanted you to know that I have read your blog today. No comment about the smart globe. I just commented on Karen's blog and thought I'd better write something on yours before you found out, since I haven't written on yours yet. But I do read it. Ok, got to put the girls in bed! Bye!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!