Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Adventures of Mr. Toad

I have a set of urns at my front door.
I adore them.
I searched and searched last year to find something just
perfect for my front entryway and finally found a set of these at Wal-mart.
I plant different annuals in them every season.
I'm pleased with their summer look so far.



Oh, look! What's this?
A little toad on my sweet potato vine.

Hello, Mr. Toad.

You really should be careful around here.
There are scary things in this big world.


Like this guy.
I'm pretty sure you would just be a mid-day Scooby snack for him!



And this guy, well I really don't think you will have to worry about him at all.
He's not a real hands on, hunting for critters kind of guy.

This guy might give you a run for your money, but for the most part I think you'll be okay.

HERE is where you need to RUN little toad. RUN FOR YOU LIFE!!!
She will pick you up and play with you and put you in her pocket
and you may end up in a box, or a wagon, or a dump truck
or a dollhouse in her room and NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN!

But you sure are cute.
So I'll rescue you and put you back in the urn where I found you
and hope you find a good place to hide!

And I wish you much luck,
cause she is already lookin for ya!

3 comments:

  1. I stumbled onto your blog today, lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too, too cute!
    Love the pictures of the predators.
    Hope you are having a happy Tuesday!
    It's crazy here - I miss blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tiny frog and the kids are super cute. The snake... not so much. I'm slightly terrified of snakes. Your urns with flowers look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!