Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Georgia Aquarium

While my parents were here, we visited the
Georgia Aquarium.
We had not been up to this point because it was pretty expensive and we really
did not know what to expect. We finally decided to go because we are a lot closer now than when we move to Texas.

So can I just tell you.... It was magnificent!
It was truly awe-inspiring.

I am so glad we went and would like to put this on everyone's must see
if you ever visit Atlanta!

The most impressive part was the six million gallon tank where the 4 whale sharks live. There were places to view the tank from all sides. There was even an acrylic tunnel we walked through and could see all the fish and sharks swimming above us.

There were several other large tanks that were also very impressive.
I could have stayed all day just sitting and watching the fish and sharks swim.
Had we not brought 3 busy kids with us.

My kids loved the touch tanks the best.
This one held sea anemones and it was a favorite of my oldest.


The beluga whales and penguins were fun to watch.


This was the shark and sting ray touch tank.

This was the horseshoe crab touch tank.




And my middle son's favorite was the starfish touch tank.
I (jokingly) asked the guy in charge of the exhibit if he got bit by a starfish.
He wasn't amused.



The best part had to be when my husband and my daughter
discovered that no one was at the stingray touch tank.
Since she was never able to touch one the first time we went by,
my husband thought this would be a great time to let her get nice and close.
After he had hoisted her up so she could reach in far
enough to touch he heard someone on a microphone say,
"Sir, this is a no touch time, please stay back from the water."
At the same time my daughter started yelling,
"I'VE GOT ONE!!! I'VE GOT ONE!!!!! "
I still laugh so hard my stomach hurts at that one!



When asked what her favorite part of the aquarium was, she said "Nemo".
Great. We pay all this money to further her education on sea creatures and she is most impressed by the person walking around in a orange plush fish outfit.


So, if you are in Atlanta, I would highly recommend putting this on your list.

It was a big hit with all of us!

3 comments:

  1. We love the Georgia Aquarium! I should have told you to look up the girls fish on the big wall. I if you put in their names a spot light will shine on their fish. We did that back when they were building the aquarium.

    Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun! I visited the aquarium in Tampa once (as an adult) and loved it. I was most excited about a two legged sea turtle. Bless it's heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun!
    We are debating about visiting the Denver aquarium while we are here. The kids LOVE it, and we do, too! Thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!