Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Do I really NEED any more excitement?

So, this morning we went to swim lessons. My 6 year old went first and then we had a 30 minute break until the next two went. So we went down to the park right beside the pool and played.

We were having great adventures finding salamanders in the ditch, I mean stream, running beside the park. I really thought that the swimming lessons combined with salamanders would be enough excitement for the day.

But I was wrong.

Around the time the 4th salamander had been spotted I heard a thumping noise in the air. And suddenly there appeared a Police helicopter.

Now, my first house was so situated that we frequently had "people on the run" going through our neighborhood and Police helicopters flying search patterns trying to find them. So I know a "we're looking for someone specific" search pattern when I see it.

And this was it.

A minute later 2 Police vehicles pulled up right outside the park and the Policemen hopped out and started putting on their vests. THEIR VESTS. I'm thinkin this is not the place to be.

Come to find out, the Blue Jean Bandits had tried to hit the Outlet Mall just north of us. Apparently they have been hitting stores throughout our region for a while now. They were spotted today and they made a run for it. The Police used their stop sticks to bust their tires and they escaped through the woods.

And ended up right across the street from the pool.

Great. NOW we're getting some excitement.

By the time all the Police units showed up, we were probably safer in the pool area than if we had walked all the way back across the park to our car.

So we stayed. But MY was it interesting. There were Policemen and motorcyles and helicopters galore.

We never saw the Bandits but apparently they caught them. And the streets of Georgia will be free from crime once more.

And we're not going anywhere else for a while.
I've had all the excitement I can handle for one day. Or one month.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That is exciting! Now if they would have kidnapped you and then you beat them up & citizen arrested them, that would have been even more exciting. Nothing that crazy ever happens around here. Today it is cold & windy & 50 something degrees out. We don't even want to go outside to the park. We want summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly - I like your version better! Let's go with that! I SO could have had the kids wrestle them to the ground (they are very good at that) and then made a citizen's arrest! HA! Come visit us! It's summer here! And excitement. We have excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did the last two kids get to have their swim lessons? Just wondering how Miss Katie could keep the attention of those 3-5yr olds with all that excitement going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! The other two actually did have their lessons. And they did great! And I hope that is you mom, or I'm really going to be freaked out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!
    I don't miss those search patterns at all - thanks for the reminder!
    And nothing like a little excitement in your day, huh?
    Happy Wednesday, Friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!