Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thankful Thursday

This Thursday I have much to be thankful for.

1. I'm thankful for little bluebirds that let us watch them feeding their young. And who scold us when we get in their way!


2. I'm thankful for our local library. They have so many great books and great programs. We are participating in their summer reading program which has been such a motivation for my kids because it is put together so well and has great incentives.

3. I'm thankful for my gardenia bushes. They are right outside my front door and smell so wonderful!

4. I am thankful my husband is coming home tonight!

5. I am thankful for my "forever friends". You know, the friends you are really good friends with and used to see on a regular basis, but you don't see them as much because you live too far away or are in a different pattern of life now. The friends that you can be out of contact with for months and then pick right up where you left off. The friends who REALLY know you and still love you for who you are. Those are the friends I am thankful for!

6. I'm thankful for my children's perspective on life. Their continual enthusiasm in even the smallest things reminds me to enjoy life and appreciate the wonders of God's creation.


7. I am thankful that God chose to give us beautiful flowers to decorate our world. What a wonderful love gift!

7. I am thankful that all the appliances in my house are in good working order (something you take for granted until they aren't working).

8. I am thankful for our butterfly bush. We have been continually entertained by all the huge beautiful butterflies that it has brought by.

9. I am thankful we are all in good health.

10. I am thankful that my mom's surgery this week went smoothly and that her recovery is going well.

11. I am thankful it is summer and we can spend the day at the park building sand castles and playing in streams and picking up pine cones and chasing butterflies and swimming at the pool.
I hope you have a very Thankful Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. As always, beautiful photos. I love blue birds. Unfortunately, our yard is packed with blue jays. Not my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! Love the pictures. You are amazing, Girl! And a wonderful list, too. Makes me so thankful, myself!
    Take care and happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!