Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Mrs. Troop or Why Mrs. Troop Rocks


Mrs. Troop rocks because its her birthday.
And everyone rocks on their birthday.


Mrs. Troop rocks because she has
been married to the same man for 13 years.
That rocks.
I've only made it 11 years so far myself!
Ha!


Mrs. Troop rocks because she has 8 kids.
That seriously rocks.


Mrs. Troop rocks because she is an awesome cook.
I mean like Martha caliber.
Seriously.
I've personally had her cooking on several
occasions and she knows
what she is doing in the kitchen.


Mrs. Troop rocks because she is well read.
I do not have many friends who are avid readers.
All the women in my life who I look up to and have considered to be
my mentors have been readers. And Mrs. Troop is a reader.
And my hero.


Mrs. Troop rocks because she can sew.
With patterns.
And make fancy stitches.
She totally rocks


Mrs. Troop rocks because she is generous.
The first time I met her was at a double baby shower
for me and another girl in Sunday School.
She didn't even know me and still brought me a gift!
She is always taking meals to friends and relatives with new babies.
She is always able to find a moment to chat and
impart an encouraging word. And she is always happy to share her
wisdom in child raising and training.
She is generous with what she has,
what she makes and what she knows.
That rocks!


Mrs. Troop rocks because she sticks with her convictions.
And she is who she says she is.


Mrs. Troop rocks because she can host a get
together IN HER HOME for 120 something relatives
and NOT BREAK A SWEAT.
That rocks.


Mrs. Troop rocks because she has been my faithful friend
even though I moved half-way across the country and have
spent half my time in Georgia on the brink of Insanity.
And she is still my friend.
That rocks.


Mrs. Troop rocks because she is funny and witty.
And she appreciates my humor which is marginal at best.


Mrs. Troop rocks because she has left a comment on
EVERY SINGLE POST I have ever written.
Go look and see for yourself.
That really rocks.
Who can beat a devoted friend who loves you enough
to leave a comment on every post?
THAT is true friend love.


Mrs. Troop rocks because she loves our Savior
with all her heart and is passionate about serving Him.
Her heart's desire in the midst of the chaos is to continually
grow closer to Him and encourage others to do the same.


Mrs. Troop rocks because she encourages me to run faster towards
the prize and work harder towards the goal.
She encouarges me to be a better mom and a better wife.
And she accepts me for who I am.
That rocks.



Happy Birthday Dear Friend!

YOU ROCK!



(go on over to Mrs. Troop and leave her a Happy Birthday comment or two or three)
(even if you don't know her)
(it would totally make her day)

6 comments:

  1. Aren't good friends great. She definately does rock...amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice tribute!
    On this Thankful Thursday, I'm thankful that you have such a good friend and I am thankful for you. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You truly are the sweetest friend EVER!
    Thanks for making my day special.
    Love ya, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so sweet to do that for her! I like your sense of humor!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet friend to honor another sweet friend. Thanks for all the good reminders of Mrs. Troops rockage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK.
    We just got in from a lovely dinner with SS and her hubby at J.C. and WOW - look at that! I have 106 comments!
    So I just have to say, Friend,
    YOU TOTALLY ROCK!
    hee hee

    and now i am going to bed early.
    because i can.
    because it's still my birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!