Friday, June 13, 2008

Epcot Center - The Topiaries

My favorite thing about Epcot Center were the topiaries!
I have always loved topiaries and if I had the time and energy,
I would have some type of animal shaped topiary in my yard.
I'll put that on my list for Dallas.
ha.



This was her favorite.
Tinkerbell.
And she also declared that from that day forward she
would only be responding to the name "Tinkerbell".
Good luck with that.




In the Tinkerbell Garden they had these cute little fairy
houses nestled throughout. They were so cute and
came complete with little tables and cups and everything a little fairy might need.




Peter Pan can fly.
The boy in red can leap small buildings in a single bound.
I think they would be a good wrestling match-up.



Captain Hook.
The details were amazing.



The crocodile!
There was even a "tick-tock" sound coming from inside the croc.
They really paid attention to every detail.



And my favorite.
Snow White and the 7 dwarfs.
I guess I like her the most because I can identify with
little grumpy, happy and sleepy people following her
around everywhere she goes.


We also rode just about every ride at Epcot and really enjoyed them. I think our favorites were Soarin and Test Trac. If we had to do it over we would have gotten the FAST PASS for Soarin and went and ate lunch instead of waiting in line for an hour. We DID get a FAST PASS for Test Trac and it was SO GREAT to show back up at our assigned time and walk right in.



The boys liked the Nemo ride but it was a little scary for our 3 year old. They all LOVED the interactive Turtle Talk time with Crush. The other thing we liked about Epcot for kids were the passports. They have "Kidspots" in each area and in each land where they can make something to attach to their passport. It really kept my kids engaged and looking forward to the next thing.

We had a great time at Epcot and almost enjoyed it more than the Magic Kingdom. It wasn't as "magical" but didn't seem as chaotic and there were more "inside" attractions which was nice because it was so hot.

And that concludes our trip to Disney World!

4 comments:

  1. They think of everything there, don't they?

    By the way, the baby blanket is super cute! Everyone ooh'd and aaah'd over it at the shower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that you are the only person I know who plans ahead to make sure that all your children color coordinate for your pics @ disney world. I would be lucky if Hattie's top matched her bottoms. But your kids look very cute! Ella even coordinates with Minnie Mouse. How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thanks so much for letting me live Disneyworld through you! I've been planning our family trip since Lilly was in-utero. We'll get there someday! Once the twins are out of the "terrific two's". Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures! Those really are amazing. Cute kids, too!
    How have I gotten behind THREE POSTS? What have I been doing here? Hmmmmm?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!