Thursday, June 26, 2008

Party Pretzels


My oldest turned 7 yesterday.
And ever since my mom gave us this
Kids' Cook Book,
he has wanted to make the party pretzels found on page 204.

So at some point I had promised him that we could make them for his birthday.
Not actually thinking that his birthday would come and he would remember.

And yet he did.


He was so excited about them.
So we made them.

I have to say, they were a little messy.
We basically dipped the long straight pretzels in either melted chocolate or white chocolate.
I would recommend the candymelts that you can find at your local crafty store.

We then attempted to "dip" them in sprinkles but that didn't work out so well.
So we ended up sprinkling the sprinkles on top and that seemed to work well.
We also drizzled white chocolate on the milk chocolate dipped pretzels.

They really turned out cute and my kids tell me they are the best pretzels they have ever had.

Well I should imagine they would be.
Covered with chocolate and sugar and all.


These were fun and very party friendly.
We are actually celebrating his birthday tomorrow when daddy comes home.

And I need to some how pull a Transformer cake out of my hat.
I'll let you know how that goes!

(just to clarify, he has not seen the Transformer movie that was recently in theatres. That one was too graphic and not appropriate for young children in our opinion. He had only seen the cool toys at Wal-mart that turn from a vehicle to a robot and he just can't imagine anything cooler than that.)

7 comments:

  1. Look how cute those are!
    What a great mom to take the time to do that with your boy. I'm impressed!
    Now you know not to promise such things. :-)
    Happy Birthdaying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pretzels. I have that cookbook too and forget about some of the things in it. Hope he has a Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh yummy! Great way to turn something healthy into candy LOVE it haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um. Your photography skills........
    Well, ....... they're just too much. I'm loving watching these pictures. You're ready for a magazine! Love the pretzels. I never did find out where you were in GA?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made the same ones for a baby shower...the colors were blue and brown, so we did regular chocolate with blue icing drizzled over them...they were so adorable...I love the sprinkles on yours, so festive and fun! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look so yummy I want one

    ReplyDelete
  7. Borrow the Transformer cartoons from the library or see if they can be rented. My boys (23 and 21 now) loved the show...and actually, compared to some of the way overboard PC stuff that is on now, I'd just as soon my youngest daughter watch those older cartoons1

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!